Static website is secure and fast by definition. Did I mention it’s also free?
Prerequisities to save a lot of time:
- Login to your GitHub account or create one.
- Download and install GitHub client for Mac.
- If you don’t already have Xcode, download and install Xcode Command-Line Tools, here is how.
- Whenever I use zavrelj in this guide, use your own GitHub account name instead.
Ready? Fine. Let’s get to it:
- Fire up your browser and go to your GitHub account.
- Create new repository
- Name it zavrelj.github.io
- Hit “Create repository” button
- On new page hit “Set up in Desktop” button
- GitHub for Mac will automatically start now asking you where to clone your repository. Locate ~/GitHub and hit “Clone” button.
Fire up you terminal and type:
sudo gem install jekyll cd ~/GitHub/zavrelj.github.io jekyll new .
Back to GitHub for Mac client where you have already new files waiting for commitment.
- Write some description and hit “Commit to master” button.
- Hit “Publish/Sync” button
- Back to your browser and go to https://zavrelj.github.io
- Welcome to Jekyll!